Re: AN sale: end of an era: Hooray

telljb@ozemail.com.au (Terry Burton) writes:
> How sad that the sale of Australian National or rather what was
> left after the previous Federal Labor Politicians butchered it,
> was finally hived off for the sum of $95 million and the core to
> a foreign operator.
>
> My Grand Father who helped build the Trans Australia Railway and
> some of my old Commonwealth Railways mates would turn in their
> graves.
>
> Vale : Commonwealth Railways, Australian National Railways and
> Australian National.
>

> ----Tell
> Alice Springs NT

I would like to agree with you Tell, But CR/ANR/AN ripped the guts out of the
state system of SA.

What has happened is a disgrace (ie all the local stuff shut down), but it is a
valuable lesson on how pollies think only of themselves.

I am keen to see what impact the new owners have on Port lincoln.

Nic