The Railway News - Free sample issue!

The New South Wales School Railway Clubs Association would like to
send you - free of cost and without any obligation on your part, a
sample copy of a recent issue of our bi-monthly magazine, THE RAILWAY
NEWS.   Our choice of issue!   Just email the Association at
<nswsrca@ozemail.com.au> with the name and address to which you would
like the mafgazine sent, by snail mail!   This offer closes on
31/12/1997.

THE RAILWAY NEWS has been published by the Association since 1956.
Now produced by the off-set printing process, it is of portrait (170mm
x 210mm) size and consists of at least 20 pages - and at times more,
the highest being 32 pages.   Since the commencement of 1977, the
magazine has been nominally an all colour affair;  hence our desire to
increase its circulation.

A most informative little publication, and enjoying a cult following
amongst adult enthusiasts as well, THE RAILWAY NEWS tends to
concentrate on the railways of NSW (past and present).   As well, it
contains a very popular and comprehensive AROUND THE MUSEUMS (and
Tourist Railways) segment, Australia-wide and very occasionally, with
related overseas reports.   An added regular segment is SHED TALK,
reporting on locomotive operations throughout NSW.   Annual features
are the NSW Locomotive Allotment List giving details of the allocation
of all locomotives in the fleets of the NSW Government Railways (ie,
since 1/7/96 taken to be FreightCorp, Railway Services Authority and
StateRail), along with the Locomotive Transfer List which details all
the depot allocation changes for motive power during the previous
year, along with additions, withdrawals, condemnations and disposals
during this period.   Some of this information may have already
appeared in Shed Talk as news items.

If you would like further information about the NSW School Railway
Clubs Association, including membership details, or would like to view
the front covers of the two most recent issues of The Railway News,
please browse through our home page which is located at:

<http://www.ozemail.com.au/~nswsrca>

Seasons Greetings to all from the NSWSRCA.

[ENDS]