Re: NR Perth Incident.

In article <349CCCEE.68DA@opera.iinet.net.au> Kim Hazelgrove <azltech@opera.iinet.net.au> writes:
>From: Kim Hazelgrove <azltech@opera.iinet.net.au>
>Subject: Re: NR Perth Incident.
>Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 16:01:50 +0800

>Ashley Wright wrote:
>>
>> Also how the hell did NR NOT know the bridge was
>> not high enough??? Very embarasing I think!!
>I think there is one VERY red faced checker!! Usually they are VERY
>thorough! Very surprising indeed.
>I know one thing, though - I am NEVER going to film PM5 or PM6 under
>Tonkin Highway Bridge EVER again!

>Kimbo

Could some one indicate actually where this bridge is for non locals like me.
I gather its somewhere on the main line between Kalgoorlie & Perth.
Westrail may like to follow the SRAs example and fit overheight detectors as
they have done at Goobang Jnct and at Parkes station to prevent this very sort
of thing happening.

cheers
MD

Maurie Daly