8244 not a write off

The info in December Digest sugesting that 8244 was a write off after
the Delec crash in 96 is wrong. The unit was out of service for about 5
months and is now well and truely back. I might add that most of the
time it was out of service was because Freightcorp stuffed around
deciding if they would accept Clydes quote for the repairs. Also of note
is that the repairs for G520 also in the same accident were given to SRA
Chullora as they put in a cheaper price. Now some 18 months later G520
is still at Chullora and is reduced to an underframe awaiting
reasseblly. I hear that it is now over $200,000 over budget and still
going. I have akso heard that the manager on this project was just
recently replaced. I wonder how quick Clyde would have been repairing
G520?
                                                                  Bob