Re: Railway Simulators

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997 23:47:37 GMT, mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie
Daly) wrote:

>For those who may be interested in this sort of thing,there are a few
>companies who make Railway simulators of some sort,usually however they dont
>in any way relate to the scene is Australia.
>One US company however does make a CTC simulator which now includes a bit of
>AUS track , namely Maitland to Kempsey, ie part of the Nth Coast Line.

Excellent program. The Maitland to Kempsey territory provided with the
program is a bit tame without passenger trains. So far I have added
the XPTs and intent to add the Dungog passengers(including stations).

Right hand running on the Maitland to Telarah section reflects north
american practice and could be changed to reflect current NSW practice
of left hand running with occasional RH running on that section. The
length of most of the loops and trains could be adjusted to reflect
current practice. There are a number of other alterations that could
be made to create more interesting train schedules.

Regards
Tony