Re: Tentative timetable for Nerang opening

garry <garry@merddyn.apana.org.au> wrote:

>David Bromage wrote:

>> I had heard the tilt train ran to Nerang last week.

>A tilt train to Nerang is news to me, but you know what rumors are like on
>railway systems. The problem with the tilt train at the moment is that it
>is only 1/2 a train. TMK there is no controls at the concertina end. It
>can only be driven between where there are angles to turn it. I do not
>think the second half of the first train is in service as yet.  There are
>no angles on the GCLine south of Bethania.

>To my knowledge tilt train operation is currently restricted to
>Maryborough - Gympie, with some trials to Rockhampton and that one trip to
>Brisbane for the bal I've been told abnout but didn't witness.

>Garry

The tilt train has run trials on the Gold Coast line but I don't know
if it got as far as Nerang. It was worked one way with an IMU attached
although I was told it was seen at least once being hauled by a DEL.
I understand that trials from Brisbane to Rockhampton are now fairly
common.