Re: BRISBANE LIGHT RAIL / TRAMS

David McLoughlin wrote:

> karl wrote:
>

> > Trolley bus expansion came to an end with Sir Reginald Groom who
> > bought 6 more bases after the initial orders to bring the total to
> 36.
> > The last couple may have entered service under Jones. I'd have to
> > check on that.
>
> The last six trolleys, which were Sunbeams with trolley retrievers
> (unlike the previous 30) and the rear door at the rear unlike the
> middle
> as in the previous 30, were delivered in 1960.
>
> When was Clem first elected?

March 1961. That was why I said not sure if last one or two may have
entered service under him. The chasis were delivered 1960 but not sure
if all bodies fitted at once or staggered delivery used. If any
entered service under Clem it would have only been 34 which from
memory was last to emter service for some reason, and not 36.

Cheers
Garry