Re: High Speed Trains in Australia

David Johnson wrote:

> > > We did a test run once, leaving Meeks Road at around 01:30, arriving at Albury at around
> > > 07:30.  That is an average speed of around 100 km/h.
> > >
> > > --
> > Goes to show what can be done if you really try.
> > Means a Sydney - Melbourne service in 9 hours.
> > This would be something.
>
> It would involve not stopping anywhere, and 180 km/h running between Junee and Albury.  150
> km/h running in Victoria would also help.

If nothing else it shows there's at least 30-40 minutes improvement
possible on the current schedule. Not as useful for the evening service
but very attractive for the daylight. An arrangement like that for the
North Coast could be interesting, a slower service leaving mid-morning
with another around 1-2pm on the old Aurora schedule of Campbelltown,
Goulburn, Junee and Albury only.

Dion Williams <dion5@hotmail.com>