81 class on the IP

Earlier discussion on the use of 81 class on the IP since NR have taken
over the running of the train have stated that the 81's only work Syd-Parkes.
I noticed that on Monday 1st Dec, 8175+76+77 were coupled to the motorail
wagons at Central at 2pm and I assumed they would have hauled the train. On
Thursday at 1pm at Central 8175+76+77 were idling in the middle road between
platforms 1 and 2 presumedly having worked the train in from Parkes. Attached
to the motorail wagons were three other 81's.
The question is did 8175+76+77 haul Monday's train only as far as Parkes did
they then wait around in Parkes for 2 days and then trundle back to
Sydney with Thursdays train?
Alternatively, did they go further such as Broken Hill or even Adelaide? If not
seems an awful waste of motive power sitting around in Parkes for 2 days.
I have noticed that over the past 4 weeks 8175+76+77 have been frequently
observed coupled together on the IP services.
Incidently, the cleaning of the IP at Central is a real "Mickey Mouse" affair
with contractors using a garden hose,mop and some old rags! Hardly, providing a
professional image particularly when many of the passengers are already on the
platform watching this entertainment and being prevented from entering the train
until the cleaning is completed!

Graham Fry