Re: Lithgow fires

Bob (gioia@fastlink.com.au) wrote:
>Just heard a news report that the Lithgow mining museum was involved in
>the fire. Is this the State Mine Museum with the railway collection?

Not sure. The fires are only on the outskirts of the town. I heard on
early news reports that the mining museum was in danger but the latest
reports only mention houses being destroyed.

The Princess Highway is also closed in two locations south of Sydney, one
near Sutherland. Moss Vale Road is also closed between Nowra and Fitzroy
Falls. Are the Illawarra or Unanderra - Moss Vale lines closed? There are
also fires around Muswellbrook.

Plans are also in place for the evacuation of Narrabri. Could be some
problems for the North West line tomorrow.

Cheers
David