Re: City Circle 'W' s back in service.

"William Pearce" <ben_issacs@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3b135740$0$25509$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3b135740$0$25509$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
>     Fellow Travellers,
>     Thanks for the comments about mag. track brakes, I know that they have
> been around for a long time, but I'm still interested in finding out if
> anyone else has had experience of their actual use in traffic and any
> effects that they have had on passengers. Surely, someone here in Melb.
has
> been on a Z, an A or a B when these brakes have been used!
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill.

Not in Melbourne but plenty of experience on Sydney MLR.  A conductor was
once thrown over and concussed, he had a week off on compo.

When training and on stopping at Star City on one trip I thought I was over
shooting the mark, which is the two grey tiles at kerb edge.  Dragged the
controller into full braking including track brakes and at 5km/h wow!  The
instructor said 'the little old lady who got up early is now on the floor
with a broken hip, better to over-run a little'.  When ever I have a
standing load on board I take it steady through the Haymarket area.

Ted