Re: Road Rail Hubb.

Robin <stationmaster@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<epZO6.3210$Ld4.141469@ozemail.com.au>...
> The Port Augusta Mare, Joy Balauke

Sounds like so much horseplay! :-)

> has been in The South Australian
> Premiers ear about setting up A Road / Rail Transport Hub at Port
> Augusta , Logistically Port Augusta is in the wrong location for such
> a Hub, in my view the Road / Rail hub should be built at Peterborough,
> where a lot of the infrastructure is already in place.

I heard the a couple of weeks ago on Triple J that unemployment in
Peterborough is 37% - is Port Augusta any better?

Looking at a road atlas, it seems as though Port Augusta might be a little
better - Port Augusta is at the junction of two National Highways radiating
in three directions, has four rail lines radiating from it and has more
industry (the power station), etc. Peterborough though appears to be closer
to Adelaide, and such a project could help increase employment in that neck
of the woods.

Also, which party holds the electorates in that part of South Australia? I
smell pork in a nice oak barrel rolling north....

Regards
BT