Re: Photos of 4D in alt.binaries.pictures.rail

Dave Proctor wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2001 23:03:25 +1000, "sean" <nospam@forme> wrote:
>
> >looked there but it had already expired so I couldn't view it
>
> Which is why binaries newsgroups are less than useful, better to post
> them to one of the thousands of free webhosting services and post the
> URL instead.

I guess some services really like to save disk space. I can still download
the pics (only posted 24 hours ago) and will be able to do so for at least
the next couple of days (just tried to download pics from almost a week ago
without problem). Some may have their newsreaders set to download a minimum
number of messages. That can be increased.
I have tried a few free webhosting services and found them sadly
unsuitable. Either the servers were down when I needed to post, or they
required personal information that I was not prepared to give. If anyone
knows of a place that is as quick and easy to post to as the binary
newsgroups I would like the URL please.
I rather enjoy the continuous stream of pics in one place with a huge
variety from all over the world rather than having to look up and go to
various URL's that people may post for a few pics.
Another discussion has been going on about people who post massive amounts
of pics in one sitting, perhaps that is more the problem. Perhaps it would
be better that people with large amounts of pics post a sample pic and a
URL to the bulk of their pics.