Re: Decauville loco

Greetings Group.
I had trouble with the link quoted below, but found it OK by abbreviating
the link to http://home.clara.net/billbowman and then going to the Rolling
Stock page and clicking on the photo of #7. The link displayed then is the
one quoted below. It looks like they have an interesting collection of 2'
gauge locos and 2'6" gauge railways. Note that the two 2'6" gauge locos are
for sale, no prices quoted. Australia could go 1 steam loco up if both were
bought and put to use on a 2'6" line. Any rich Victorians interested?
Regards, John Garaty

canetram59 <canetram59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
3b08ca7b@grissom">news:3b08ca7b@grissom...
> Further to my post regarding this loco.
>
> A photo of the loco may be seen at
>
>                         http://home.clara.net/billbowman/no.7.htm
>
> The loco is located on the Bredgar & Wormshill Light Railway (correct
> spelling) this time.
>
> Regards
> David Mewes
>
> canetram59 <canetram59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 3b08c80a@grissom">news:3b08c80a@grissom...
> > Decauville loco 0-4-2T B/n 246 of 1897 was exported to England some
years
> > ago. Initially, the purchaser was refused an export permit under the
> Movable
> > Cultural Heritage Act. But a change of Government and an appeal allowed
> the
> > granting of an export permit and the loco was immediately shipped to the
> UK.
> > It si currently undergong restoration on the Bedesgar & Wormshill
Railway
> > (??). I'll check it up and give you the website shortly.
> >
> > Regards
> > David Mewes
> >
> > Chris <chrisc@fl.net.au> wrote in message news:3b087d7b@fl.net.au...
> > > That must be the loco in question.
> > >
> > > I believe the owner George William Best was involved in a court case
> which
> > > he lost. I can't seem to find any appeal which allowed export of the
> > > locomotive. So he must be in comtempt of court. From reading the case
> the
> > > Australian Government seems to have spent a great deal of money in
> trying
> > > keep the locomotive here. Is there any further legal action pending?
> > >
> > > Details.
> > > ADMINISTRATIVE APPEALS TRIBUNAL
> > > GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE DIVISION
> > >
> > > WILLIAM GEORGE BEST v. MINISTER FOR THE ARTS AND ADMINISTRATIVE
SERVICES
> > No.
> > > V94/12 AAT No. 9967 Number of pages - 10 Protection Of Movable
Cultural