Re: [nsw] 48 on westen coal

I have no idea what the codes were as the relative speed between my V-set's
and the other train was 100+km/h.

Nevertheless they were what I think are the oldest wheat hoppers around, the
ones of a similar basic style to the coal wagons you've mentioned.  Thought I
saw a photo reference to the wheat wagons as blacks once, although I never
could fathom why they were called blacks; although I think I've got it now!
(David Johnson's "Probably NHTFs" is spot on I imagine).

Chris

3B0510B8.2E1677A@cia.com.au">news:3B0510B8.2E1677A@cia.com.au...