Re: (Vic)Consequences of standardisation

> *Melbourne-Bacchus Marsh-Ballarat-Ararat BG sprinters will never run to
> Maryborough (I suppose this was wishful thinking-"running", not "not
> running")

Maryborough passenger would face slightly longer journey via North Shore.
Unless Mildura service connect with Ballarat fast train.(if this is the case
then XPT/Xplorer can go all the way to Mildura then?)

> *Three Victoria-based passnger trains will be SG: Mildura, Shepparton and
> Albury

Broadmeandows may need a SG platform since Shepparton/Albury services
normally stops there. Would Spencer Street need extra SG platforms?

> *Now we can see why Sunbury-Bendigo doesn't need to be twin-track anymore.
> This line will no longer carry Kulwin, Robinvale, Moulamein or Deniliquin
> traffic. Perhaps Sunbur is not the best cut-off point?

Still you will have to fit many express and Kyneton stopping trains on
Bendigo route. Much better if you have double track.

> *Is there a use for Castlemaine-Maryborough BG

Victoria Central rail tourist train operation???  or give it to Steamrail ?
SGR after Leogatha train return?

> *Mineral sands could travel from Mildura to Adelaide via Pinnaroo as a
result
> of gauge conversion

I thought sands would export from Portland?

Cheers
James