Re: Safeworking Conference

Peter J Ruxton <rucko@bigpond.com> wrote in message
news:a_lL6.25320$482.121653@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> > > safeworking rules rewrite. However it is obvious that the complexity of
> > > the NSW system is far greater than that of ARTC trackage, and therefore
> > > a more complex set of procedures may be appropriate than the "lowest
> > > common denominator" implied by a base-level national code.
>
> Bruce is spot on in what he said while the above comment reminds me of a
> "Yes Prime Minister" Plot.
>
> While ever NSW State Governmnent Controls Cityrail, Nationwide standards
> will not occur in this state.
>
>  Peter Ruxton

Considering most suburban signalling, Australia wide, is modern in terms of
signal design and control for through operation, the cost of changing it
purerly for the sake of standardisation would be prohibitive for very little
gain (would this equally apply to shunting?).  Especially with the two larger
networks having colour light combinations quite different to Perth, Adelaide
and Brisbane.

Isn't the aim of the project (or at least shouldn't it be) to standardise the
single line, non-urban safeworking systems for ease of use and maximum speed
of operation, at least as the first major goal?

Chris