Re: Two Trolley-Poles (was [MELB] Trams with Trolley--Poles)

>> pghpcc@pacbell.net wrote:

>>       Cincinnati, like others, was worried about corroding the underground
>> pipes.  There were a number of places that used positive and negative
>> overhead.

> William H. Pittman wrote:

> A number? I don't know of any besides Cincinnati (and Greenwich,
> mentioned by someone in this thread). Just for my education, could you
> identify a few others?

> THIS IS NOT A FLAME!

	This is a Good Question, but I am going to beg-off an answer.  From
reading various other traction lists I have come away with the
understanding that there may have been quite a few little systems to use
dual overhead in the early 1900s.  A couple others are listed here but
it seems the US might have had a few others as well.
	I should not have included that last sentence!!(:->)

--
James B. Holland

        Pittsburgh  Railways  Company  (PRCo),   1930  --  1950
    To e-mail privately, please click here: mailto:pghpcc@pacbell.net
N.M.R.A.  Life member #2190; http://www.mcs.net:80/~weyand/nmra/