Re: [vic/NSW] Engineers urge $500m upgrade to eastern corridor

On Tue, 8 May 2001 09:46:15 +1000, "f.u.i.t.b.e.t"
<fuitbet@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>At $500 million would have to be spent between Sydney and Albury at various
>locations and we are only half way there.
>Who are they kidding!!!

Have a read of http://www.artc.com.au/maunsell_final_report.pdf.
It addresses just about all the issues you have raised , including the
replacement of the Murrumbidgee River Bridge at Wagga.
Interestingly the bridge replacement also includes a rail bypass of
Wagga so the line doesnt go thru the centre of town .
This allows a decent freight yard to be built .
Also there are suggestions for more overtaking facilities a la Yass ,
at various other locations along the line , including Harden ,
Binalong , Gunning  and Medways.
Extra crossing loops in Victoria are also suggested at Barnawatha
Springhurst, Euroa and Kilmore East.
Also suggested is the modification of the NSW CTC between Junee and
Albury to allow running crosses, ditto for Telerah to Greenbank on the
Nth Coast .

MD

 http://www.artc.com.au/maunsell_final_report.pd