ALERT ALERT - STATE ELECTION CRAPSPEAK ALERT

Arthur Marsh wrote:

> From
> http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/cgi-bin/Press.pl?unique_id=PR3aecb9c82489
>

> From 8 July, 2001 - Train and Tram
>
>  Weekend services (between 7am - 7pm) on the Gawler and Noarlunga rail lines
> to operate from key stations every half hour instead of hourly.

So what's a key station?  Are we going to have semi-expresses?

>  Weekday evening services (between 5pm and 7pm) from Adelaide Railway
> Station to Gawler and Noarlunga to operate approximately every 15 minutes
> instead of half hourly.

Weekday evening 5pm to 7pm - that sounds like peak hour to me.  Currently there's 10 trains departing Adelaide for the Gawler line between 5pm and 7pm (ie one every TWELVE minutes), and currently there are 9 trains to Noarlunga (better than one every 14 minutes) plus there are another 4 trains to Tonsley in that time.

>  Increased services on the Belair Line during peak periods every weekday -
> with the current 22-45 minute peak frequency upgraded to 11-22 minutes.

Lets see if the single line working can handle this - I think not.

>  Trams will operate as a 20 minute service between 8am and 11pm Monday -
> Saturday all year round.

So that's a CUT in service so that Mon-Sat are now to be reduced to Sunday frequency. Trams currently operate a 15 minute interval service Mon-Sat 9am-5pm with extras in peak hours.

Yet again I underestimate the cynicism with which politicians treat the community and the miniscule amount of credit for intelligence they give us.  When you read this sort of thing on a topic on which you happen to know the subject matter, you wonder how much they are putting over us on matters we know less about.