Re: [NSW] A few more questions...

"Jonathan Boles" <jaboles@bigpond.com> wrote in message
WASI6.19336$482.93134@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:WASI6.19336$482.93134@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
| I've thought up a couple of questions:
|
| * What does the sign "Accept" on signals mean?

That it's an Accept signal. The signaller clears it to allow a train to pass
from an automatic section into his interlocking. A rectangular sign means
that the box is usually manned, an oval sign means that it is usually
unmanned. They used to have the name of the signal box, but most now seem to
just have "Accept".

| * I overheard someone on the train say that the reason tunnels are so
dirty
| is the black asbestos dust from train brakes. Is this true?

I don't know if it's true, but the brake blocks used to have asbestos in
them.