Re: Re: Better use of restored rail equipment

On Fri, 4 May 2001 13:26:50 +0800, "Marc Hunt" <tcpkl@po.jaring.my>
wrote:

>Somehow I just don't think passenger rolling stock under frames or drawgear
>are designed to have 10,000 tonnes of coal train pushing or pulling on them.
>Call me a wet blanket if you like, but I think that the SRA (or whoever owns
>it) dynamometer car may be the only one capable of this feat.

DMC 1902 Would probably fall to bits if you tried.   Usually, the AK
cars are used for testing these days.  I think their drawgear is 2MN,
but it may be 0.9MN - I honestly can't remember for sure.  The HTV2000
was designed for heavy testing, but it was useless and hardly ever
used.
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/