Re: Re: Skitube works trains

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:31:09 +1000, "David Bennetts"
<davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>"David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
>> There are plenty photos of the Skitube passenger trains, but does
>> anybody have photos of works trains on the line? IIRC, they have a
>> number of ex-NSWGR S trucks.
>>
>> Cheers
>> David
>
>Suggest you try the ARHS (ACT) - they have run a couple of excursions down
>there and have had special movements done for them, no doubt some-one has
>taken photos on these occasions.  Skitube also have a small diesel shunter
>which can move empty stock around the depot area, and I believe it can get
>just over the river, not being rack equipped it can't reach the tunnel.
>Think I once saw a cut-down S-truck at Blue Cow, they're pushed up by the
>train.

That is the garbage run.   All the garbage from Blue Cow resort is
placed into the S truck (which is very well secured!).  When it is
full, it is coupled to the rear of a downhill train and sent to
Bullock Flat.  After emptying, it is propelled to the top of the line
again.  These movements are all done with revenue service trains.