Re: Re: Comments posted on this ng, by myself

On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 08:57:49 GMT, paulwatts@xoptushome.com.au (paul)
wrote:

>I know that comments to the press of any kind are strictly forbidden,
>except by those with permission to do this (media section, sector
>managers). Where an employee has been involved in some positive
>action, permission is usually given to speak to the press. They have
>to have this rule, as there is a widespread staff morale problem in
>the organisation.
>
>Since newsgroups basically do much the same thing, that is place views
>of people onto a public forum, I'd imagine the rules of media apply
>equally to newsgroup posting.

Not as far as I can see.  The Code Of Workplace Standards permits
employees to participate in public discussions, provided that all
comments are appended with a note that they are private comments, and
not the official view of State Rail.