Re: Better use of restored rail equipment

"Marc Hunt" <tcpkl@po.jaring.my> wrote in message
> Somehow I just don't think passenger rolling stock under frames or
drawgear
> are designed to have 10,000 tonnes of coal train pushing or pulling on
them.
> Call me a wet blanket if you like, but I think that the SRA (or whoever
owns
> it) dynamometer car may be the only one capable of this feat.
>
> --
> Marc Hunt
> ex-pat Aussie
> KL-Malaysia

Would have to agree with Marc on that aspect.  Also coal trains have had a
much worse record of accidents than passenger services, if you were looking
at the insurance risk of such operations a high premium would no doubt
apply.  HIH may have covered it, but they're out of business.

regards

David Bennetts