Re: Woomera -

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3aa6ed67$0$25475$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3aa6ed67$0$25475$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> "Roy Wilke" <roywilke@notabitlikeanisp.net.au> wrote in message
> i1Cp6.14$rk1.368787@news.interact.net.au">news:i1Cp6.14$rk1.368787@news.interact.net.au...

> | > question over whether or not a five-mile stretch of railway line that
> was
> | > originally laid in the late 1940s is still used?
> | >
> | > It's moved on, keep up.
> | >

> | Then how about moving the thread over to aus.politics where it would
have
> | some relevance. Isn't this newsgroup to do with _railways_ and not
> | commentary on the Commonwealth's policys on Foreign Affairs and
> Immigration?
>
> Anyone can discuss anything they want to in any unmoderated group. You
want
> censorship, go elsewhere.

Then can you explain to me and others who might be slow on the uptake like
me why it is that there are a large number of discrete sub-categories in
usenet? If "anyone can discuss anything they want in an unmoderated
newsgroup", then oughtn't there be only one newsgroup entitled "Alt" which
could replace the many thousands of different newsgroups on usenet?

And, going by your reasoning, anyone can post anything in an unmoderated
newsgroup. I suppose you'd have no particular objection to me posting a JPEG
file of the Lake Hart #6 launching pad at the Woomera Range, would you.
After all, this *is* an unmoderated newsgroup, and so I assume that you'd
agree with me if I argued that there should be open slather on what is
posted in aus.rail.

By the way, does anyone want to know what I had for breakfast this morning?
Okay, it has nothing to do with railways, but then neither does the
Commonwealth's policies in relation to Immigration.