Re: [NSW] Transport Reporting Terrorgraph

----------
In article <3ab93b52_5@news01.one.net.au>, "tony bailey"
<mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au> wrote:

>ABC Radio News also got the ferry type wrong in what is a continuing effort
>to NOT know anything about things technical - including a report a week or
>two ago describing our F111s as "fighters". (They were probably confused by
>the "F"!)
>
>And of course most of them can not tell one wide body civil aircraft from
>another if it is not a 747 - and even than have problems with the mark.

I noticed on the late night news last night when they described the NZ
fighter that crashed off WA they beat up on the point that the fighters are
30 years old. No-one mentioned that the F-111's are a similar age.
Bit like everyone beating up on the Russians regarding whether they can land
Mir in the ocean. Does anyone else remember that Skylab got spread over WA?

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne