Open Access Rail Terminals.

As of 1 July this year , the Bracks Govt open access policy will apply
in Victoria.
This policy will also apply to ALL Dynon Rail terminals.

Can anyone explain to me just how an open access rail terminal works .
Given that Sth Dynon is now used exclusively by NRC and the terminal
is staffed by NRC , will in the future NRC have to accept their
competitors trains into their terminal , and help to unload them.

Who will employ the staff in an open access terminal.
Who owns the overhead cranes and the forklifts etc.

Sounds to me like no one has thought this thru very much.

Also, what is the differance between a Rail terminal and a Rail
siding.
eg , will CRT have to now share its Paisley siding with its
competitors ??

MD