Re: CityRail on-time plan slipping

3ab9c23f@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3ab9c23f@news.iprimus.com.au...

> Ivan Smith <ivsmith11@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Wafu6.15611$992.100651@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:Wafu6.15611$992.100651@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> > So take note all those who think that getting to a railway station
> > 10 to 5 minutes before the arrival of the service, and propose
> > buying a ticket, only to find a busted machine, a single station
> > attendant, over-run with duties, dealing with aged pensioners
> > and their needs,

And most of them know that their tickets will cost $1.10 (0r $2.20 or $3.30,
depending on where they are going_ and have the correct money anyway.

> > as well as ducking outside to manage the arrivals
> > and ticket collection, and can board one of the magnificent SRA fleet
> > and arrive at the other end, telling the truth, to still be dissed for
$100.

> Thats life. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you
> to use that mode of transport. No one is stopping you from buying
> the new weekly ticket on the last trip of the previous week either.

Particularly true with CityRaiol, where you can shove your weekly into the
ticket machine, it will then work out where it is valid between, and after
payment for a new weekly, give you a new ticket valid for both the old and
the new.

So, if after two days I insert a weekly from Cronulla to Central, after
payment for a weekly, it will give me a ticket, valif for 11 days, from
Cronulla to Central.

> > Well it's a shame then. A shame that innocent people can
> > be trapped by this legislation on a system that clearly doesn't
> > function as intended and has balance of favour in such situations.
>
> There is no viable alternative.

True, since if there was, the fare evaders would use it to worm their way
out of their predicaments.

Dave