Re: DSRM is an absolute joke

Brown Family <lbrown2@bigpond.com> wrote in message
news:3ab55e5d.11964751@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:42:20 +1100, "Steve Zvillis"
> <szvillis@netspace.net.au> wrote:
>
> >> All that is there is a whole lot of rusting rolling stock
> >
> >Bullshit. All stock is being well maintained as needed and as manpower
and
> >resources permit.
> >
> What is Dorrigo about? If it is about preservation, then what is
> preserved? Has anything been returned to working order? Apart from
> painting and scraping off the rust, what is else has been done?

Enquire rather than criticize and you will find out.

> Most importantly, what are their plans for the future?

See above

>  When will they
> run trains. I think even a ganger's trolley up and down Dorrigo yard
> would be encouraging, raise public awareness and, most importantly,
> raise funds. Has anything like this been done?
>
> You're involved in Derwent Valley in Tas., Steve. What if DVR did what
> Dorrigo has done, how successful would it be then?

A lot better off than we are now!! Due to neglecting to do what Dorrigo has
done, we are now desperatly short of appropiate rolling stock that could
seriously undermine our future. [i.e. like having a wonderful line preserved
with #### all decent stock to use on it] Our efforts to obtain stock now is
seroiusly hampered by lack of availability, ridiculous costs charged by the
now private Tasrail, poaching of stock by cashed up interstate raiders and
corporate crooks like the #### in charge of the Abt debarcle.

> Please note that no situation like Dorrigo exists outside of Dorrigo
> where a preserved railway, is closed to the public and does not run
> anything for as long as Dorrigo has.  It seems to me that apart from
> begging for funds from gunzels,

If their members are "gunzels" , so what? We are happy to provide the funds

> no measure has ever been taken to
> provide a service to raise any money.

The DSRM has not been given the chance.

> I'll say it again, as I did 5 years ago. The place should be taken
> over by responsible people with the ambition of actually restoring and
> running trains. The situation there is a disgrace of a national
> treasure.

Whats the "National Treasure"? The marvellous collection of stock that
everyone keeps bagging?

--
Stephen Zvillis,
H.R. Manager,