Re: super series wheelslip control

Maurie Daly wrote:

{SNIP}

> This is where it gets interesting.
> Max loads for a ALF,CLF,CLP (all 3000 HP, but not super series.) are
> 1780 tonnes , ie no differance to the SS load.
>
> The obvious questions is are loads for SS locos artificially low ?
> Is the load for an SS loco (or indeed any loco) determined by the Rail
> operator or the loco manufacturer?
>
> MD

What no one has mentioned was when the AL's and CL's where rebuilt into
ALF's and CLP/CLF's, Morrison Knudson Corp, upgraded the computer systems on
them and installed there own version of Super Series on these locos.

So they two should be able to pull similar loads to a 81/BL/G

--
Bye for now,

Eben

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~tkid/

I feel like I'm in a rut.  Every time I go to bed at night,
I find myself just getting up again in the morning.
     ---Brad Stine