Signals passed at red (Belgium and UK)

Some bits and pieces that might be of interest...

Yesterday's head-on collision outside Brussels, which killed both drivers and
several passengers, was apparently caused by a driver passing several red
lights, and travelling for 8km on the wrong track. Picking up on a recent
thread in aus.rail, apparently signallers saw what was happening, and tried
to cut power to the trains, but could not do so in time.

On the London underground at Baker St, signals are momentarily showing false
greens. Drivers proceed, only to find a train in the way. Until yesterday
they were being accused of passing red lights, but now it seems the
signalling may be at fault. A driver saw the green change back to red just
before he passed it, and stopped in time to avert a collision. They are now
installing "red light cameras" to watch not the drivers but the
signals, to
ascertain exactly what is going on.

James

By the way, not only is my-deja.com but a memory, and google not yet
supporting posting, but mailandnews.com has failed to. So this is my first
attempt with newsone.net.