Re: [MELB] Speed of metropolitan trains

"James C." <james_ccj@optusnetdotcomdotau> wrote in message
3ac1e168$0$25491$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3ac1e168$0$25491$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> > I've heard that Melbourne's trains are the slowest in the nation,
>

> What if you compare with QR Doomben/Ferny Grove/Shornclife/Beenleigh line
> trains?
>
> Cheers
> James
>
> PS:VLP operates the most fast intercity trains in the country with average
> speed >80kph.
>

> Melbourne Trains are certainly the most slowest in the Nation.Brisbane
Trains certainly have great acceleration and between a lot of stations 100
km/ph running is possible.QR 220 class SMU have the quickest take off  of
any train in Australia.On the Robina Line IMU Trains must travel at 140
km/ph to stay on time.Can  any other interurban train in Australia go faster
than this?Not even Japan interurban services travel this fast.
Glen Reynolds
These comments are those of the author.