Re: Trams honour football stars

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> writes:

>Football great Ron Barassi is about to take Melburnians for a ride. The
>legendary premiership player, captain and coach has lent his name to the
>first refurbished M Tram. Barassi is the first of 12 Australian rules
>heroes honoured in the National Express initiative.

Sigh. What a load of crap.

Didn't they read the report that states that less than 50% of Victorians
are actually interested in football anymore?

I wish they'd spend their money on increasing services, rather than making
the lowest common denominator feel good about themselves.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse (paul@dwerryhouse.com.au)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands.    <---- current location