Re: Vale Vic Steam (and all special trains?)

Hi all

RTA is a small Victorian based group that has been running tours for
well over 25 years. It was started by a guy called Geoff Cargeeg in
Melbourne.

Their tours often utilised equipment during periods of layover etc so
that costs could be kept down. As a ficticious example, they would use
the loco and cars of a Horsham pass that layed over on Saturday to head
off on the Mallee lines to Yanac etc during the day.

They had only small numbers and frequently used DERMs etc. I went on
some of their trips & they were different & fun.

Peter