RE: Hope for passenger rail services in Western NSW

>===== Original Message From "tony bailey" <mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au> =====
>Bourke? Is it still open? Or capable of being reopened?

I think the tracks are still there (as with most disused NSW lines), but
they
haven't been used for about a decade. I recall that the army blew up a
section
of embankment not far out of Nyngen during a period of extensive flooding,
disconnecting Bourke from the rest of the rail system.

Actually, my recollection is that the Bourke railway was considered a
mainline, not a branch. I'm sure others know more.

James