Re: [MEDIA] Alice-Darwin rail will hit truckies, says commentator

"Peter Homann" <"peter.homann"@@prr.org.au> wrote in message
9a0hq8$2l4@nntpa.cb.lucent.com">news:9a0hq8$2l4@nntpa.cb.lucent.com...
> "An economic commentator says the Alice Springs trucking industry will
> be unable to compete with the heavily-subsidised Alice Springs-Darwin
> railway."

The trucking industry was born by incompetent government railways in the 70s
anyway, so now we have private railway company's who know how to run a
railway its about time they get their own back.
Anyway who said there is going to be an Alice Springs to Darwin railway.
Thommo