Re: The Overland

"> Is this train better nowadays than it used to be.

Yes and no.

+

*GSR staffs are more friendlier then AN days.(I can't find any information
about the free champagne in the website, is it still available?)

 *Daylight running enable you to see the scenic/grain trains along the way.
The scenery is not bad.
*Refurbished coach and sleepers let you "visually" feel relax.

-

*infrequent and strange timetabled therefore rather hard to plan a trip.
*not exactly a luxury train, nothing like Queenslander/Indian Pacific/Ghan
while the fare somewhat expensive.

Because of the up coming service enhanced, GSR changed some of the Overland
information in the homepage, I'm getting confuse with which class offer
what. (The carriage consist and on board accomadation contradicts)
This train 's future is still not very bright, travel on it while you can.

Cheers
James