4D????

All,

One for the Cityrail lovers..

Heard from a very reliable sauce[1] that the 4D will be heading north this
week to Sydney. So far most of the preparation work has been done, at
Bayswater. GNR loco expected to haul it dead to Dynon where it will undergo
a bogie swap (onto standard guage transfers) and run behind a Freightcorp
loco (not yet known which one, but it's expected to come in d-a on a
southbound freight.

Before you cream yourself, it will probably not see much light while in
NSW. It's certainly not Cityrail obtaining it, nor is it leaving Connex's
ownership. I can't say who will be using it, but it will most likely come
back to Melbourne after a few experiments/trials are conducted on it.

Would explain why it's not been seen at Layby Sidings for the last few
days.....

Look out Newcastle way for it in a week or so!

M.

[1] Heinz Ketchup - definately the best source.
--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Whip ME, Beat ME. "Windows ME".