Re: [NSW] Dapto - Kiama electrification

"Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
9g40f2$rta$1@tomahawk.unsw.edu.au">news:9g40f2$rta$1@tomahawk.unsw.edu.au...

> "David Bennetts" <davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> e9bV6.3127$qJ4.136316@ozemail.com.au">news:e9bV6.3127$qJ4.136316@ozemail.com.au...
> > Heard on ABC Illawarra this morning that passenger trains are now back
on
> > this section from today, but are still diesel railcars.
> > Apparently some problem with signalling at Albion Park, allow extra 15
> > minutes for journey.
>

> Is there supposed to be a new timetable for the South Coast, or are the
> diesels just going to be replaced with L sets between Dapto & Kiama?
When Riverstone - Richmond was electrified the railcars were originally
replaced with 2car L sets? (Did they exist back then? I was too young to
remember). I think it took about 4 months for it to be finished. All of the
platforms needed extending I guess (Vinyard was completely replaced and I
think Mulgrave is still the same...)

> If there are going to be direct services from Central, will they run
hourly
> or two-hourly?
They had better be hourly! There must be a lot of tourists that get pissed
off after missing the connection and get stuck at Dapto for 1 hour....

--
Paul Jones
http://pj_rail.tripod.com