Re: (Vic, Melb) Maribyrnong Siding.

"Christopher J. Maxwell" <cjmaxwell@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<55eV6.59638$hV3.95996@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...
> Sad Sad Sad as yet another piece of rail history disappears.
>
> "Captain Warwick J. Somerville" <marivcru@labyrinth.net.au> wrote in message
[snip]
> > With the walk yesterday, this I think is the last time for trains.
> > Due to no more briquette yard as it is being dismantle and cut up.
> > K&S Freighter has truck and trailer parking in the old briquette yard.
> > Rail lines being lifted.

Does this mean the whole line is closing? Did anything eventuate re
Blue Sea's plans, reported some months back (quoting the Captain in
this ng):

G'day to you all.The local paper The Western Times, Wed Feb 14, 2001.
Heading "On track to reduce trucks"
"Yarraville transport company Blue Sea Containers
plans to reopen its rail link within weeks."
"Work to repair Blue Sea's rail link along the bank of the
Maribyrnong River to Dynon Rail Yards is almost complete
and could lead to one train a day take 20, 30 or 50 containersat a
time."
But I have not seen any action down here with rail maintain,
re sleeper replacement or ballast.--RegardsCapt. W. J. Somerville
Website Address    http://www.blackbirdcruises.com.au/
Telephone   +61 3 9689 6431Fax   +61 3 9687 3175

Thanx, James