Re: Signalling queries

David Johnson wrote:

> >David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> >5dg9itc7c91gve4holgpenphndoaal7m5s@4ax.com">news:5dg9itc7c91gve4holgpenphndoaal7m5s@4ax.com...
> >> On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:12:02 +1000, Eddie Oliver
> >> <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote:
> >>
> >> Didn't they also resignal Cowan Bank with Double colour light?
> >
> >I was sure the lines were resignalled with single light indication.  But that
> >both tracks are bi-directionally signalled Cowan to Hawkesbury River.
>
> Quite right.  I've only seen it recently at night, with all the
> signals showing red!   I have been subsequently informed that it is
> definitely SLCL.

That maze of multiple > >> is getting a bit wild - I didn't write any of
the above even though I'm being supposedly quoted! However I'll try to
say something constructive.

The current general tendency is to eliminate double-light signalling
outside the metropolitan area, but (where traffic density requires) to
extend it in the metrop area. Thus for instance the Branxton area has
fairly recently been reduced to single-light indications, as have
various areas of the main south; but Asquith to near Berowra, and Casula
to near Campbelltown, have gone the opposite way in relatively recent
times.

One thing no one has yet mentioned is the concentration of single-light
indications in Sydney Yard.