Re: Conference aims to boost Qld rail freight efficiency

"David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
3B2562FB.1C8B18EB@fang.omni.com.au">news:3B2562FB.1C8B18EB@fang.omni.com.au...
> A conference in Brisbane is looking for ways to make Queensland's rail
> freight industry more efficient, safe and environmentally friendly.
> Transport Minister Steve Bredhauer today opened the three-day
> "heavy-haul" forum, that has drawn 700 delegates from 27 countries.
>
> http://www.abc.net.au/news/state/qld/archive/metqld-11jun2001-12.htm

Congratulations to Queensland for being serious about rail freight, pity
that the other states and the Feds show such apathy.  Keep building more
roads and freeways so we can have more trucks and use up our energy and
environment more quickly!  Just like the good ole failed USA transport
policies of the 1950s, as exemplified in Los Angeles, build freeways until
there's no room for anything else, and you still get gridlock and smog.

Regards

David Bennetts