Re: [NSW] D57/D58 class Sound recordings

Dennis Rittson <drittson@cia.com.au> wrote:

> Jonathan Lau wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have a sound recording of any D57/D58 class exhaust beats? I
> > checked around the Internet and there doesn't seem to be anything close
> > to it.
> >
> > Just curious as what these 3 cylinder beasts sounded like, as I've never
> > heard (let alone seen one) in action before.
>
> I recently heard a rumour that an old LP vinyl - "Night shift" has been
> re-released as a CD. It has a couple of tracks of of 5711 working freight
> trains on the South, and would be available at the ARHS shop in Renwick
> Street, Redfern.
>
> There is also the video "5711" which features excellent audio of 5711 nicely
> synched up with some silent B&W movies. This is possibly an RTM publication,
> but I'm not sure.

I'm fairly certain that that the nice audio on that video is actually
the tracks from the "Night Shift" LP! Btw, be aware that the audio on
the CD re-issue is spoilt by some rubbish about 15 seconds into the
second track.

--
Dr A.P. Whichello                               Phone: +61 2 6201 2431
Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering  Fax: +61 2 6201 5041

"I wish to God these calculations had been executed by Steam!" C.Babbage