Re: [melb] Camberwell Junction track replacement this weekend

"Jeremy Lunn" <spammers-will-die@austux.net> wrote in message
slrn9i6udg.5oc.spammers-will-die@amalthea.dark.net">news:slrn9i6udg.5oc.spammers-will-die@amalthea.dark.net...
> In article <3B236017.4DD24E92@one.net.au>, Jeremy de Korte wrote:
> > between Burke and Riversdale roads.  Will this happen to redundant
tracks at
> > Balaclava?  I hope not.  I remember using those other curves on tram
school
> > excursions in the early eighties to get to activities at Caulfield Park.
>
> Isn't the Balaclava Grand Junction protected by the National Trust?

The National Trust has a file on it, but it is not on the register. Even if
it were, I don't think that would give it actual legal protection.

See
http://www.nattrust.com.au/default.cfm?whereto=/register/default.cfm

Grand Union Junction - Caulfield
Balaclava & Hawthorn Roads (corner)
Caulfield VIC 3162
Extra Location Info:
Municpality:Glen Eira City
Region:Middle & Outer Melbo
File No:B6687
Category:BUILDING
Melway/Vicroad Ref:59 B12
Class:File Only
Citation Type:None

The National Trust maintains a file on this place, but it is not officially
classified. It may have been considered and rejected, or classification may
have been delayed through lack of information. Most places that the Trust
maintains a file on have some historic ineterest, and may be subject to
consideration for classification at any time.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au