Re: Highly accurate radio comment

"Al" <alpout@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> OK, not going to go into the reasons for it, but the other day (Monday) I was
> driving around listening to Ray Hadley doing the John Laws show (damn car with
> only AM radio).  Someone rang up complaining about the guards (both CityRail
> and the Blue M&Ms) on an InterUrban train not stopping a fight and not kicking
> the fighters off the train at 3am.  Hadley's reply was along the lines of "It
> was an InterUrban train, so it wasn't a CityRail train (IIRC).  I know that
> the CityRail trains have guards on them after a certain time, whether it's the
> same for the InterUrbans, I don't know."
>
> Good to see he knows how the trains are operated before he opens his mouth to
> a large public audience.

The same show is relayed up here in Alice Springs and I
happened to catch that.  I agree, nice to hear a radio
commentator who has his facts right.

He also made the comment that guards look out for
signals etc, right again.
Although he did not say, he may have been trying to
advise the caller that railway guards are not there to
get their brains mashed by thugs, thats what *security
guards* are for.

It is a pretty sad world these days when folks who use
trains are confronted by shithead bully boys.!

....Tell