Re: [OT] You know you're a hardcore railfan when...

"Jonathan Boles" <jaboles@crossswinds.net> wrote in message
9fnkrj$mjp$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:9fnkrj$mjp$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
> Here's a few to get you started:
>
> ...when you think about putting multi chime air horns on top of your car.
Guilty

> ...when you try to take a picture of 3801/3830 through a Tangara window.
or when you take a picture of anything through a tangara window....

> ...when you'd prefer to learn drive a train before you learn to drive a
car.

> ...when you learn to distinguish Sydney sparks by sound.
>
> ...when you discuss ways to make the cityrail system more efficient.
The words "Cityrail" and "Efficient" should not ever be used in the same
setence at the same time.

> ...when you write software to emulate station announcements
Guilty

> ...when you are in the process of writing software to emulate the Cityrail
> plasma screen (actually I'll release an alpha version soon)
Perhaps...

> ...when you look forward to drooling over double-page-spread colour pics
in
> Motive Power.
Guilty

When you travel from Riverstone to Newcastle and back just because you can,
having achieved nothing except the purchase of an egg and bacon burger (not
even a photo!)

When you travel to Goulburn for the sole purpose of riding a train at < 115
km/h (and only paying $5)

When you sit at Ligthow for 1.5hrs in 35deg. heat, staring at an empty
viaduct with camera at the ready

When you spend 2 hrs wandering an empty carpark at Marrickville

When waiting on platform 1 at Riverstone you can predict when the train will
arrive with an accuracy of +-2 seconds

When you climb trees and road safety barriers to take pictures from the top
of a mountain

When you drive so fast that your brakes start to smoke when driving down
Mitchel's pass, only to beat the train to Emu Plains by 5 mins

When you even contemplate taking a photo of a messy accident involving a
Dubbo XPT.....

--
Paul Jones
http://pj_rail.tripod.com