Re: Where to get a horn

Paul Jones wrote:

> I was wondering if it would be possible to get an ex-train horn in working
> condition to put into my car? Where could I find one?(legally if
> possible....)
>
> --
> Paul Jones
> http://pj_rail.tripod.com
> (Updated 23 May)

Dunno about how legal they'd be, but try your local Sims Metal, or
whoever else breaks down scrap locos.
You'd be well advised to thin the diaphragm as well, which would make it
work at lower pressures than 90 or 110 psi main reservoir, and also make
it somewhat quieter, which would probably make it more legal!
Oh, and buy yourself a compressor and reservoir for your car too.

I reckon that all sounds too hard, and I'd just get some legal car air
horns and re-tune them to a chord you like by adjusting the trumpet
lengths.

Cheers.
 Peter Homann
The light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
until economic conditions improve.  Management.