Re: [Vic] Footscray Accident - Photo's

In aus.rail, on 06 Jun 2001, B. announced:

> I inspected proceedings in the evening, and my pictures can
> be found at:
>
> http://four12.net/fsy

Good pics

> WRT the discussion on the chains, the cars were all
> eventually chained up together using the quite small chain.
> The move back to NPT was made with both the front and rear 3
> car sets under power, it appeared that the rear set actually
> kept the whole train under compression, thus not loading the
> chains up too much.

Ah, yes that was me started that :)  And that was what I was
wondering - would those chains be enough to hold the carriages
together should they decide they don't want to be together.

Thanks for that.

OgO
--
My Win9x Cursors: http://qjc.cjb.net/cursors.html
Please don't send me junk leaves! (take them out before

No Silicon Heaven?  But where do all the calculators go? -
Kryten.