Re: [Vic] Footscray Accident - Photo's

> I'm curious what the chain between two of the carriages in a
> couple of the photos (no 9) is?
>
> I assume it's not to stop people nicking the carriages :)
>
> OgO
> --

Most likely the easiest method of holding them all together for the
shunt to the nearest depot (Newport?).

Cheers.
--
 Peter Homann

Come on Peter!
1" chain can do all that...I think not!
I would think that the chain is supporting something underneath, to save
further damage or make safe so that work can be carried out as each car is
rerailed and pulled clear. Then fitters will reattach the semi permanent
couplings, airlines etc, to enable the wreck to be returned to Newport for
further action.
Rod [comtrain]